5 Effective PPC Lead Generation Strategies You Should Know Today
One of the best ways to find leads for your business is to invest in PPC or pay-per-click campaigns. Unlike traditional advertising, PPC ads allow you to target specific segments of your audience. As a result, you don’t need a sizable marketing budget to reach people who might be looking for products or services similar to yours. Also, the more you invest in your PPC campaigns, the more leads you are likely to generate.
Indeed, PPC advertising is an effective way to attract potential customers or web visitors. However, it is also equally important to ensure that the leads you are generating are of high quality. To help you obtain a better return on investment, here are essential PPC lead generation strategies you should know.
1. Have URL tracking in place
When running a PPC campaign, you should not focus solely on conversions. You also need to monitor other vital parts of your campaigns so you can determine accurately how effective and efficient your ads are. One way to do this is by using UTM parameters or codes. You can add these snippets of text to the end of your landing page URL to determine where your web traffic and leads come from.
Below are some of the UTM codes that you can use in your campaign to track the origin of leads:
- utm_source – the platform you’re using to run ads, such as Google Ads.
- utm_medium – the type of channel.
- utm_term – the keywords web visitors used in their search query.
- utm_device – the type of devices web visitors used in their online searches, such as a tablet, smartphone, and desktop computer.
- utm_matchtype – the keyword match type, whether broad, phrase or exact.
If you’re using Google Ads, you can track your landing page URLs by going to campaign settings and setting up tracking parameters in the “Campaign URL options (advanced)” section.
2. Segment your campaigns
As discussed earlier, one of the advantages of running PPC campaigns is that you can target specific groups of people to make your ads more relevant. At the same time, you can also limit who gets to see your ads and who can click on them. If you are offering multiple products or services, you should avoid setting up your PPC campaigns in a way that they target each product or service individually. Otherwise, you might end up with low-quality leads.
Instead of creating a campaign or ad group for each product/service you have, you should segment your campaigns into smaller groups. For instance, let’s say you offer interior design services. You can segment your PPC campaign like this:
- Sub-category: commercial design, residential design, sustainable design, etc.
- Feature: kitchen design, lighting design, bathroom design, exhibition design
- Benefit: high quality interior design, budget interior design, expert interior design
- Target industry: real estate interior design, hotel interior design, restaurant interior design
- Geographic location: Northampton interior design, London interior design
By segmenting your campaigns to target specific audiences, you’ll find it easier to identify the right keywords, write compelling ad content, and set up relevant landing pages.
3. Choose the best keywords
After segmenting your audience and campaigns, the next step to effective PPC lead generation is to make sure that you’re using the right keywords. Perform keyword research to identify potential search terms or phrases your prospects are using to find products/services similar to yours.
You can explore the following keyword types for your campaign:
- Brand keywords – search terms with brand names in them.
- High-intent keywords – keywords for prospects at the bottom of the sales funnel.
- Low-intent keywords – keywords used by prospects who are conducting research. They can help you expand your reach and build brand awareness.
- Long-tail keywords – low-competition keywords that target prospects that are looking for something specific.
4. Create specific landing pages for each campaign/ad group
Take note that you have already paid for a click once a prospect reaches one of your landing pages. As such, ensure that you’ll convert that prospect into a high-quality lead so that the money you spent on that click won’t go to waste.
Follow these landing page best practices to help ensure quality PPC lead generation results:
- Create landing pages that offer precisely what your ad promises.
- Avoid adding unnecessary elements that may distract visitors from signing up and giving you their contact details such as extra form fields and navigation buttons.
- Always use a clear and concise call to action.
- Keep your landing pages short and straightforward.
5. Write compelling ad content
Your ad content is one of the most vital elements of your PPC campaign. Therefore, make sure it is compelling, engaging, and powerful enough to convince your audience to take your desired conversion action. Start by writing brief yet catchy sentences and headlines. Also, always end your ad content with an actionable CTA. For better results, create variations of your ad content and conduct A/B tests to determine which of them resonates well with your audience.
Start Generating Quality Leads
Having access to a steady stream of high-quality leads is one way to ensure the success of your business. Fortunately, this is something PPC campaigns can help you achieve. Follow the tips discussed above to help ensure the success of your campaigns and obtain as many quality leads as you can.
Running a successful PPC campaign can be a challenging and time-consuming process. If you’d rather focus on managing your business, we at Springhill Marketing are happy to take this task off your hands. Please contact us today, and our team of SEO and Google Ads experts will show you how to find success with PPC marketing.
Drive Your Business Towards The Best Results.
Talk to us about how we can help.