How to Improve Local SEO:5 Proven Ways to Lead Local Searches
Recently, people in SEO forums have been talking and discussing some noticeable changes and drops in the local search rankings. As a website owner, you should pay attention to this because such issues may affect your online traffic and revenues. However, how can you prepare or insulate your site from potential drops in local SEO?
Improve Your Local SEO rankings
Landing on top of search engine result pages is now becoming more of a challenge. In particular, Google has placed the organic results below the paid ads. Therefore, it would help to consider finding other ways to improve your digital marketing campaign. One proven strategy is by leveraging local SEO. Here are some tips on how to improve Local SEO.
1. Don’t neglect your link building campaigns
Link building has always been a crucial factor in any SEO campaign. It’s no different at the local level. However, building links has always been a time-consuming task. It takes time to write content that can make your website authoritative and trustworthy. The good news is you can reduce the time you need to make your site authoritative and trustworthy.
For instance, you can approach and invite influencers to read your content. While such an undertaking can be difficult, obtaining their assistance will significantly help your link-building efforts. Working with influencers can also aid you in strengthening your brand.
Aside from influencers, you should also consider approaching website owners. You can look for popular blog posts in your industry and niche. Then, check them for any broken links. If you find one, reach out to its owner. Inform them of the broken links and offer your own page or blog post as a replacement.
Another strategy is to track websites that are linking to your competitors. If they don’t have links to your site, take the following steps:
- Identify the domain authority.
- List down the most relevant and influential domains.
- Email the website owners and ask if they can link to your site, as well.
2. Make sure Your NAP details are consistent
Ensure that your NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) listings are accurate and the same for every page. You can use tracking tools to check your citations. If there are any inaccuracies, reach out to the site or domain owner to correct the error.
NAP is an essential element of both your local listing and organic ranking.
3. Take advantage of GMB Listings
Here’s another valuable tip on how to improve local SEO. A Google My Business listing is an indispensable local ranking tool, especially for those who own physical establishments. Ensure that your GMB listing is optimised by:
- Adding or claiming your listing
- Verifying the account
- Updating your company details, such as opening hours or category listings
- Linking it to your website
- Uploading recent images from your website
4. Encourage Customers to Send Social Proofs
Receiving positive feedback from your customers can help establish your brand’s reputation and trustworthiness. People are more willing to try new products or services once they see favourable reviews or testimonials from satisfied customers.
You can encourage customers to provide social proof by:
- Providing link building opportunities – Such an offer will mean free publicity for them and more business for you.
- Making it easy for customers to send reviews – You can include a QR code on your receipts, business cards, brochures, and even your company’s front door.
- Asking for reviews – Not all of your customers will give one even if you ask them. However, a few positive recommendations will go a long way to build your brand’s reputation.
5. Optimise your images and videos
SEO success is not only measured by the number of your online visitors or click-through rate (CTR). Pictures and videos can also affect your SEO campaigns. For example, large files can slow down your website’s loading speed, discouraging prospective customers.
Fortunately, you can optimise them by compressing them and reducing their size. However, make sure that the image is formatted correctly (e.g. jpg or png). Also, consider using compression tools that can preserve the quality of your pictures.
You can optimise your videos by:
- Making their titles and metadata ‘clickable’.
- Incorporating a keyword in your title and description.
- Using unique thumbnails.
- Transcribing the video text – This will make it easier for YouTube to index your videos.
To succeed in digital marketing, it helps to rank well in local SEO, especially if your business has a physical location. You can achieve such a goal through various methods, such as link building. To ensure that customers can always contact you, keep all your contact details consistent on every page that contains them. You’ll also need to create or update your GMB listing. It will make it easier for customers to find you and leave positive reviews. Furthermore, you should fully optimise your images and videos to help attract your audience and keep them engaged.
If you require assistance with your local SEO strategies, consider reaching out to us at Springhill Marketing. We’ll provide you with expert advice and the digital marketing solutions you need.
Drive Your Business Towards The Best Results.
Talk to us about how we can help.