Google Core Update for July Now Complete
With Google being the most widely used search engine globally, site owners like you must always stay in the know about its algorithm updates. This is to ensure that your website is always up-to-date and complies with the search giant’s guidelines. It also helps prevent a potentially significant decrease in web traffic and search rankings. That being said, the Google core update for July 2021 is now effectively complete following its launch on July 1, 2021.
A Series of Google Updates
It took 12 days for the July core update to take full effect. In comparison, the June 2021 core update took only ten days to be completely rolled out. Many would agree that the announcement of the July update is quite unprecedented. Usually, Google would tweak its search algorithms after every few months. As you can see, the latest update was released just a month after the previous one was completed.
However, this is not an isolated case. Over the last few months, Google has launched a number of major and minor search algorithm tweaks besides the July and June core updates. They are:
- Google MUM
- June 28 spam update
- June 23 spam update
- Google page experience update
- Google predator algorithm update
There are also three updates that the search giant has yet to confirm.
Less Impactful than the June Core Update?
Based on our analysis, the Google core update for July seemed to be smaller and have less impact than its predecessor. Significant changes in search rankings were only recorded on July 2nd, 9th, and finally, on the 12th.
Similar to all major Google algorithm tweaks, the July update was a global one and wasn’t directed at a specific region, language, or website category. Put it simply, it is a classic “broad core update” that the search giant is known to release after every few months.
What to Do If You’ve Been Hit
If you have experienced a noticeable decline in web traffic or search ranking following the July update or after any future updates by Google, don’t panic. A significant decline in your search ranking and online traffic is not necessarily a sign that something is wrong with your website. Also, you need not take specific actions to recover the traffic you lost.
If you want to take a proactive approach to ensuring that your site won’t suffer heavy damage once Google modifies its search algorithms yet again, ensure that you’re offering your audience the best content you can. Here are few quick tips to help you craft quality web content that ticks Google’s boxes:
- Offer content with original information, thorough research, or insightful analysis.
- When drawing from other sources, ensure that you don’t simply copy or rewrite everything. Instead, provide additional value and originality.
- Create content with your audience in mind. See that it is something they would want to read, bookmark, and share with others.
- Always check your content for factual errors. This is to ensure its reliability and accuracy.
- Avoid content that exaggerates or sensationalises a particular topic.
- Ensure that your web content can help you demonstrate your industry expertise.
Besides developing excellent content for your target audience, it also helps to observe the best writing practices. Here are some writing and publishing tips you might want to consider:
- Try to come up with a headline that provides a descriptive or helpful summary of your content.
- Before hitting the “Publish” button, always go over your posts and check them for spelling and grammar errors.
- Because it is more challenging to read text online, make sure that your content is reader-friendly by breaking up large paragraphs into smaller sections.
- You may also use numbers or bullet points.
- Ensure that your content displays well when viewed on mobile devices.
Once you have made these changes to your content, you can expect a bit of recovery in between core updates. However, the most significant change might come after another Google core update.
It’s Best to Always be Prepared
While there’s no doubt that another core update is coming our way, we will never know precisely when it will be released until Google makes an official announcement. For this reason, it’s always best to be prepared for any eventualities. This is to help prevent your website from suffering a big hit when the search giant tweaks its search algorithms.
Besides creating the best piece of web content you can offer, it also helps to enlist the services of SEO experts. At Springhill Marketing, our team of friendly and highly experienced online marketing experts can provide you with the services you need to ensure that you’re always prepared for future Google updates. Please speak with us today and let us create an SEO plan tailored to your business.
Drive Your Business Towards The Best Results.
Talk to us about how we can help.