Tips on Writing a Blog Post That Converts
Your web content is one of the most powerful marketing tools you can use to ensure your success. When crafted correctly, it can help you grow your audience, build authority, obtain higher search ranking, and even gain the interest of potential customers or clients. Therefore, if you want to attract more attention and generate more traffic to your website, creating quality content should be one of your priorities.
Running a blog is an effective content marketing strategy that can help you expand your online presence and attract more traffic and leads to your site. However, writing a blog post is easier said than done. You need to consider many factors to ensure that it can help you pique your audience’s interest and convert them into a lead or customer. To help you out, here are a few tips on how you can write blog posts that convert.
1. Identify who you are writing for
Before you put your pen on paper (or your fingers on your keyboard), the first thing you need to do is define your target audience. Who do you want to write for? Keep in mind that your audience can influence the topics that would drive conversions for your business. They can also affect the writing style that would make your blog posts more convincing and effective.
Therefore, make sure to have a keen understanding of the people who are likely to take action after reading your content. Find out as much as you can about your target audience by researching their:
- Challenges or problems they face
After collecting the information you need, create a profile or persona of your target customer. Then, with the help of this persona, identify the topics, theme, style, and tone of your blog posts.
2. Select topics that can help solve your audience’s problems
If you want your blog posts to convert, write about topics that will answer a question or help solve your prospects’ problems. These topics can help boost your conversion rates since they target readers looking for ways to overcome their “pain points.” Remember that readers or web users looking for potential solutions to their problems are often in a “buying” mindset.
3. Don’t give everything away
While it helps to choose topics that can help solve your prospects’ problems, make sure you don’t provide all the answers to their questions. Instead, you should leave room for some mystery and encourage your readers to get in touch with you to learn more.
For example, let’s say you provide plumbing services in Northampton. When writing a blog post, you can offer tips on how to solve simple plumbing problems. But when it’s time to fix more severe issues, you should tell your readers not to solve them on their own. Instead, ask them to contact you to save time and enjoy a faster and more effective solution to their specific problem.
4. Consider the buyer’s journey
To improve your blog posts’ conversion rate, consider the buyer’s journey when writing them. People usually go through the buying cycle before deciding to purchase a product or sign up for a service. It is composed of four stages, namely:
- Awareness – Customer A realises that they need something, but they are still unsure what it is.
- Consideration – Customer A searches for a solution to fulfil their need.
- Decision – Customer A finds a solution, and the only thing they need to do is choose where to obtain it.
- Loyalty – Customer A buys the product/signs up for the service.
If you want to convert a visitor into a customer through your blog, you can focus on prospects at the consideration stage of the buyer’s journey. Provide the information your target audience needs, making sure that your content is persuasive and compelling. You’d want your blog post to be as convincing as possible so it can direct your prospects to the decision and loyalty stages and encourage them to choose you.
5. Make your blog post attractive and readable
When writing a blog post, grabbing your audience’s attention is just half of the equation. You need to convince them to stay and read the rest of your post so you can convince them to take your desired conversion action. However, with most people having a short attention span these days, this could prove a challenge.
To ensure that your piece would hold your readers’ interest until the end, you should:
1. Format your post – nothing is more off-putting than reading a blog post that’s just a massive wall of text. Therefore, break up your post into smaller paragraphs. Add subheadings and use bullet points to make your content easier to read.
2. Include images – incorporating relevant pictures in your blog post can increase engagement. It also makes it easier for your readers to absorb your message since the human brain processes images faster than words.
3. Add a call to action – to boost your conversions, tell your readers exactly what you like them to do by placing a compelling call to action at the end of your post.
Start Creating Powerful Blog Posts
Crafting compelling and well-written web content can go a long way towards helping you obtain more leads or sales for your business. As such, consider the pointers discussed above so you can write blog posts that convert visitors into customers.
If you need help creating web content that can help you grow your business, you’ve come to the right place. At Springhill Marketing, we have SEO and Google Ads experts who can offer you the digital marketing solutions you need to take your business to the next level. Speak with us today, and we’ll create a marketing plan tailored for you.
Drive Your Business Towards The Best Results.
Talk to us about how we can help.